Friday, December 19, 2014

More Done Stuffs....and a Frog

Finally finished the Mega Man hat.

Improvised the ears cuz they aren't in the pattern

My sewing skills are just atrocious. I also made some more of those worsted socks on the small needles. This time I made the toe longer so they'd fit. I like the snug fit that they give me, though it's a struggle to pull them on, cuz the cuff is too small.


Me loves them bunches. I made them both at the same time using two sets of dpns, I wanted to avoid the dreaded second sock syndrome. I had a center pull ball that I fed to the socks from both ends. It came down to the wire on these man, and I was constantly paranoid that I was gonna run out of yarn. I didn't, but it was really close.

Made a wristlet out of the same yarn earlier in the year.



Now, there is a certain pattern that is very easy, but for some reason I can't seem to make it look good, so I have frogged it every time I've tried.

My first try, modeled here by one of my lovely kittens

Now, my first try, I couldn't seem to get the hang of the corners, I had no idea what wrapping was, and couldn't figure out why you would leave stitches on the needle and knit back without them. Short rows were unknown to me. Now I still don't know a whole lot about them, but I can follow the instructions about them much better with the aid of making a few socks since then.


My second time went much smoother, except for the fact that the blanket wasn't. On one side it looks ok, some minor ick moments, but ok. The other side, however, has giant seams, and looks horrible. I think if I had a slow changing gradient yarn, this would look fantastic, and it wouldn't be as boring. (also if I had more skill *cough*) Except for the corners this pattern is dead easy. You just make ten stitches and attach it to each row as you go around and around. I just can't seem to get it right. More power to the peeps that do, it looks great with a gradient. As for mine, they've both had a dip in the frog pond, never to return again.

Other than that, I've made some washcloths, which I will probably blog about at some time, but nothing really awesome or interesting. I've been neglecting my yarn recently. Bad, bad me. I'll try to work on that. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment