Friday, July 11, 2014

2 Years and Counting

Been working on and off on this for over 2 years now.

The colors are a bit weird in this pic

Added a couple of rows since the last pic was taken. (Blue and Shaded Dusk) I'll prolley take a pic of the whole thing at some point soon. I think the next color is gonna be a heathery green if I can get my friend to bring it back over. Other than that, I'm working on the Mega Man hat. And by working on, I mean I haven't touched it in a while. I'm not happy with how it's turning out so far.

Sigh

I need to make the ear thingies, but I don't really know how. I think I'm gonna crochet a red circle and after that's done crochet more rounds in the light blue. I don't really wanna mix the knitting and crochet, but the pattern of the hat already looks like crochet for some reason. And I doubt the guy is ever gonna wear it, even if it looked bad ass, but I still hope it comes out ok after I add the ears. And now for some disappointing news. I finished the black socks, which should be a yay! But! They didn't fit. I followed the instructions when decreasing for the toe, and started where they told me to, but the toes were too short. The socks were a bit tight, but I kinda liked it. If only the toes had been a bit longer T_T Sadly they were donated to my roommate (who I don't think will ever wear them and only took them out of pity).

Me trying them on for the first time

The funny thing is, because it was made with worsted weight and size 3 needles they came out very stiff. Like, really stiff.

I made sock armor

Yes they are standing on their own looking like they are about to take off like something out of Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I think that's about it for me. Oh and one more thing, my cats really like that blanket.

...a lot


No comments:

Post a Comment